ArmsUp Motorsports Successful in SCCA Formula Continental & Formula Atlantic
ArmsUp Motorsports is preparing 12 racecars out of their facility in Sheboygan Falls, WI.
ArmsUp Motorsports currently competes in SCCA Formula Continental division, SCCA Formula Atlantic division, and others.
ArmsUp Motorsports started life as the marketing company for team owner Gregg Borland when he was competing in the Barber Dodge Pro Series. In 1998 Borland moved ArmsUp Motorsports in a new direction when the Ohio Native started preparing a 1988 Renard Formula Continental car for long time friend John Braun. From that small beginning, Borland continued to expand the team adding cars, drivers and crew members along the way. Today, ArmsUp Motorsports is one of the premier SCCA Formula Continental and Formula Atlantic racing teams, preparing 12 racecars out of their 10,000 square foot facility in Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin.
ArmsUp Motorsports uses K&N air filters in its Formula Continental and Formula Atlantic cars.
Owner Gregg Borland continues to expand the ArmsUp Motorsports team by adding cars, drivers and crew members.
ArmsUp Motorsports currently competes in the SCCA Formula Continental division, SCCA Formula Atlantic division, and select vintage events. Through the years, their successes have been impressive.
Significant achievements over the past five years are as follows:
- Qualified 1,2,3, in the Formula Continental class at the SCCA June Sprints with drivers Jim Victor, Kirk Kindsfater and Steve Welk Respectively
- Formula Atlantic pole sitter and race winner at SCCA June Sprints with driver Chris Menninga
- Competed in the Champ Car Atlantic Championship event at Road America with drivers Daniel Dileo and Chris Menninga
- Scored two podium finishes in two starts in the Cooper Tires Formula Ford 2000 Championship with driver Steve Welk
3rd Place Finish - SCCA June Sprints in Formula Continental with driver Kirk Kindsfater
- Finished 4th in the Formula Continental class at the SCCA National Championship Runoffs with driver Kirk Kindsfater
- 3rd place finish - SCCA June Sprints in Formula Continental with driver Revere Greist
ArmsUp Motorsports had used K&N air filters in its Formula Continental and Formula Atlantic cars since it began prepping cars in the late 1990's. ArmsUp Motorsports had discussions with K&N regarding a potential partnership in 2006. From there, the relationship grew into K&N becoming the official air filtration supplier to ArmsUp Motorsports.
- SCCA Central Division Formula Continental Champions with driver Revere Greist
- 2nd place finish - SCCA June Sprints with driver Revere Greist
- Placed 4 cars in the top 7 at SCCA National Championship Runoffs in Formula Continental, Revere Greist - 3rd, Joe Tovo - 5th, Jim Victor - 6th, Pat McGinnis - 7th.
According to team owner Gregg Borland, "K&N Filters provides ArmsUp Motorsports the best protection available for our highly tuned race engines. K&N Air Filters are fitted to all of our race vehicles to help deliver the most amount of clean air to the engine possible."
Find K&N products for your vehicle using the K&N application search then use the K&N dealer search to find a K&N dealer in your part of the world.